At James K. Lai, DDS Inc., your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. Additionally, every half hour to an hour we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant.
New Safety Measures
- We have installed Reme halo led (air purification system) into our central air system to help clean the air in the office. This system releases hydro-peroxide plasma (harmless compound with no ozone) into the air to destroy pollutants such as virus, bacteria, dust at the source both in the air and on the surfaces. In addition, we have air purifier with UVC light in each treatment room.
Treatment rooms and equipment will be sterilized before and after every patient according to CDC guidelines.
We will be utilizing an aerosol management system to capture aerosolized droplets during dental procedures.
We will be using electrolyzed oxidizing water, an eco-friendly sanitizer to fog the treatment rooms at the end of the day.
Patients will be screened using a questionnaire both when making an appointment and at arrival (which includes temperature scan). If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptoms your appointment may be rescheduled.
Our waiting room is closed to help ensure patients maintain a safe social distance. Please stay in your car upon arrival and notify us by calling the office and we will inform you when to come into the office for your treatment.
We ask that you wear a face-covering and keep your personal belongings to a minimum.
Only patients, or patients with one critical caregiver are allowed into the office.
Our staff utilizes recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as N95 masks, goggles and face shields.
We’ve added time between appointments to allow for sanitizing and to keep patients apart from one another to avoid high volume or density.
Any patients or staff who were diagnosed with COVID-19 must have an all-clear notification from their physician before entering our facility.
We ask that all patients use the hand sanitizer provided at the front door upon entering. It will also be available in other areas of the office.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.