Because we care about you, our practice uses dental laser, Waterlase on a number of the procedures.
What is Waterlase technology?
Waterlase uses the Hydrokinetic process which gently washes away decay with YSGG laser-energized water droplets. Hydrokinetic energy is produced by combining a spray of atomized water with laser energy. The resulting Waterlase energy gently and precisely removes a wide range of human tissue including tooth enamel and gum tissue with no heat or discomfort in most cases.
What are the benefits of the Waterlase?
No Drills, No Needles, No Numbness - in most cases.
- Heat and vibration are the causes of most of the discomfort associated with the drill. Since hydrokinetic cutting does not transmit heat or vibration, MANY DENTAL PROCEDURES CAN BE PERFORMED WITHOUT ANESTHESIA, IN MOST CASES.
- The lasers pinpoint accuracy is precise enough that your dentist can leave in place as much healthy tooth structure as possible, allowing you to keep your own teeth longer.
- Gently performs numerous gum tissue procedures with little or no bleeding. The laser gives your dentist a new high-tech tool for many procedures that previously required a referral to a specialist. Now you can have them performed during your scheduled appointment and feel better afterward.
- The Waterlase prepares your teeth in a way that maximises the bonding of tooth colored fillings, allowing them to last longer.
What can the Waterlase be used for?
- Root canals
- Decay removal
- Cavity preparation
- Smile Design
- General soft tissue procedures
- General dentistry for enamel and dentin
- Avoid the shot & being "numbed"